SQL Delta Logo
SQL Delta Banner

Please update full installer

You can provide feedback to our developers

Please update full installer

Postby kondrich » Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:39 am

Hi,

it would be really nice if you updated full download version to current versions, too. Since we have very restrictive proxy settings (with proxy authentification) it is not possible for us to use auto-updater in SQL Delta. Hence we do not get any updates unless you update full installer.
By now the only work around for me is to take my notebook at home and toclear proxy settings temporary to be able to use auto-updater. But some of my colleagues have to work with desktop boxes...
Best regards, Klaus Ondrich
kondrich

Postby Jay Bailey » Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:33 am

Hi Klaus,

The installer has now been updated it can be downloaded using the following link: http://www.sqldelta.com/cgi-bin/downloa ... Delta4.zip
Regards,
Jay Bailey
SQL Delta Support
Jay Bailey
Site Admin

Postby kondrich » Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:39 am

Thanks Jay!

Is there a chance that SQL Delta will work with authentification requiring proxies, too?
kondrich

Postby Jay Bailey » Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:14 am

Hi Klaus,

A new installer has been released for Version 4.1 Release 1.11, which can be downloaded using the following link: http://www.sqldelta.com/cgi-bin/downloa ... Delta4.zip
Regards,
Jay Bailey
SQL Delta Support
Jay Bailey
Site Admin

Re: Please update full installer

Postby kondrich » Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:11 pm

Hi,

this problem is old but up to date at the same time. Since our proxy still requires authentification, auto update experience is extremely poor. Notebook users have to use a non-proxy-requiring WiFi for auto updating, but workstation users do not have this opportunity.
Furthermore, full installer is version 5.1.0.9 from March 2011. Could you please add proxy authentification to SQL Delta (preferrably) and until then could you please update full installer on the website even when minor updates get released?

We would gratly appreciate this!
kondrich

Postby david » Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:16 pm

Hi,

The Delta Update application can support offline updates. On an internet accessible machine run Delta update and download the updates. Take a copy of the downloads folder (shown in Options). Then for your colleagues give them the download folder copy so they can add the files to their Delta Update downloads folder. When they run Delta update go to options and turn off Always check using Web check. Then run Check for Updates and the updater will use the local copy.

We will also look at releasing a full update.
Regards
David
david
Site Admin

Postby kondrich » Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:46 am

Hi David,

thanks for this workaround.
kondrich

Postby kondrich » Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:17 am

Hi David,

last week I tried this workaround on another PC, but it did not work: SQL Delta Updater shows the available (local) update, but "Install Updates" button is grayed out and thus prevents the update from getting installed.
Did I miss something?
kondrich

Return to Feedback