SQL Delta Logo
SQL Delta Banner

SQL Server Express License

You can provide feedback to our developers

SQL Server Express License

Postby JohnJ » Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:26 pm

Hi there!

We are in the process of choosing a tool for a simple project which will run on Sql Server Express. I am pushing for Sql Delta, while others are proposing a competing product that has the only advantage of being free to use with Sql Server Express (well, it will get the job done, of course, but Sql Delta is such a pleasure to work with!).

I was wondering if you had any plans to release a version that will be free to use with Sql Server Express... not that I really have hopes, of course, but I thought it would be worth asking :D

Thank you!!
JohnJ

Re: SQL Server Express License

Postby david » Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:38 pm

Hi,

Thank you for the great feedback about SQL Delta.
I wouldn't say never however I'm sorry to say I don't see us releasing a free version any time soon.
Regards
David
david
Site Admin

Re: SQL Server Express License

Postby JohnJ » Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:36 am

Thanks, David -- I appreciate the reply, and I'd like to take this opportunity to tell you how intuitive and easy to work with your SQL Delta is. We have evaluated a few, and some are a real pain to work with. For our specific task, yours is number one on my list.

If I may share an opinion, please do consider releasing a free version for smaller projects. It gives developers who are not in control of the budget the chance to bring your software within the company on a small project to start with. When the project is successful there are far fewer objections at buying licenses to use on larger projects (which do justify some costs). People who set the budget often only see the numbers and not the full set of features of the intuitiveness of a product.

Thanks again!
JohnJ

Return to Feedback