SQL Delta Logo
SQL Delta Banner

Password Utility

You can provide feedback to our developers

Password Utility

Postby stonefish » Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:54 pm

I had a situation today where I was setting up Delta Snap where a username / password combination was required with the configuration.
However, it took me a while to create an encrypted password string through SQL Delta, due to not having a database setup to accept the password.

Can I suggest either the creation of a stand-alone "encrypted password utility", or incorporate the ability to create one via the simple UI of Delta Snap?

Cheers,
Tom
Tom Hartland
Stonefish Software Limited
Nottingham, UK.
stonefish

Re: Password Utility

Postby david » Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:39 am

Hi Tom,

An easy way to generate the password is run SQL Delta, expand any project, enter the password you need - it doesn't matter that it's incorrect for that server and then click the contract button to auto save the project.

On the contracted project line right mouse click and choose Display project. In the source/target (depending on the one you edited) you will see the password is encrypted, take a copy and add it to your command line project.

Of course don't forget to change the password back in the project.

We will also look at adding your password idea to Delta Snap.

Cheers
David
david
Site Admin

Re: Password Utility

Postby stonefish » Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:09 am

Ah... I never realised the way to save the project information was to simply contract the project... I was under the assumption that you had to run the project to save the details.

Adding the ability to Delta Snap would be a nice touch, but obviously not necessary now I know the above.

Many thanks once again David,
Tom :)
Tom Hartland
Stonefish Software Limited
Nottingham, UK.
stonefish

Return to Feedback