SQL Delta Logo
SQL Delta Banner

Copying data from one server to another.

Help for SQL Delta Version 5

Copying data from one server to another.

Postby StuJohnson » Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:25 pm

I am on the Projects panel and I'm entering my source server and database as well as my target server and database. I then hit the copy button but nothing happens. Is this the way I'm supposed to copy data from one server to another. Thanks!
StuJohnson

Re: Copying data from one server to another.

Postby david » Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:59 pm

Hi,

The project copy button just copies the project source details to target side - handy when you are comparing two DBs on the same server.

You need to run the structure compare first (loads the schema and discovers which tables can be used in a data compare). So setup the project with source and target details and then click compare.

Then once the structure compare is complete click the data tab and the Wizard button to define to data compare setup. Then run the data compare.

Hope this helps.
Regards
David
david
Site Admin

Postby StuJohnson » Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:12 pm

It helps a bit but our local support indicates the data copy process can't be between 2 different servers. For example, can I copy test data to production?
StuJohnson

Postby david » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:35 pm

Hi,

Yes you can copy data from Test to Product if you choose that option.

SQL Delta is designed as an administrator tool so by design we do not limit the compare processes, it is outside the scope of the product.

If the target user has the right permissions then SQL Server can prevent the writing of data to production server for that user.

Regards
David
david
Site Admin

Copying data from one server to another

Postby Svetlanaor345 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:56 pm

I want to import blocks from dwgA and then show this in my key in paperspace dwgB. I have imported .dwgA as an Xref, but blocks have not been imported too...

Can anyone help?
Svetlanaor345

Return to Version 5 Help