SQL Delta Logo
SQL Delta Banner

Data Comparison failing

Data Comparison failing

Postby jen.temp@gmail.com » Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:08 pm

I am trying to setup a script within Workbench that updates the Structure and Data between two databases. The structure comparison works great. However, I can't get the Data comparison to work.

I am running the script via workbench.

When I do the Structure alone my CmdLog file outputs:

"Compare Complete"

When I do a Data comparison on the same connections my CmdLog appears to be cutoff:

"Compare completed with errors
Cause: "

It never gives me a cause. I then look at the CommandLineErrors.txt file. It contains the following:

"
***********************************************************************************

9/15/2009 11:04:58 AM

***********************************************************************************

Data Comparison Error##The compare process previously had a selection of tables and these tables are no longer available. There is nothing to compare.

9/15/2009 11:04:58 AM - Project Error

The project file was completed with errors.

Filename: [myfilename]

Error:

"

Any ideas? Thanks!
-- jen
jen.temp@gmail.com

Postby david » Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:40 am

Ensure the data compare settings are configured in the project.

For example if your create a new project in SQL Delta and run both schema and data compare. Open the new project in notepad and look at the data compare information. You could then copy all of that information into your workbench project, save the project and then run workbench to configure or change the details.
david
Site Admin

Return to SQL Delta Workbench